If there’s one thing we love, it’s a good top knot, and we’ve figured out the best way to get an oh-so-perfect ballerina worthy bun! All you need is a few simple supplies, and you’ll be ready to go…
- A small hair tie
- Several bobby pins (you won’t need many!)
- A brush or comb to get rid of bumps
- A “sock donut.” If you don’t already have one, it couldn’t be easier to make! All you need is a tube sock, preferably in a color similar to your hair color (in case it pokes through) and a pair of scissors. Cut the toe off the sock, then roll into a donut shape. Ta-da, the sock donut!
Now that you’ve collected your supplies, let’s get started…
- Pull your hair into a high ponytail (or wherever you want your bun to sit), combing out any bumps.
- Pull your ponytail through the sock donut.
- Bring the donut to the tip of your ponytail, tucking the ends underneath.
- Start rolling the donut down towards your ponytail.
- Keep rolling, tucking stray hairs as you go (this is the tricky part if you have layers!).
- Roll over your hair tie, close to your head, as tight as you’re comfortable with.
- Pin down any loose hairs, keeping the shape of the bun.
- Voila! The perfect ballerina bun!
That’s all there is to it! It may take a few practice rounds, but once you get it down, you’ll be bunnin’ it up all the time!
Give it a shot! Let us know if it works for you, or if you have any other master tips and tricks to getting the perfect summer top knot.