It’s that time of year again…
The blazing heat of August & September has passed , and October’s perfect fall breeze is no more .
That leaves us the next 3-4 months to endure winter’s dry chill. Like me, I know you will embrace the only time of year you get to wear fabulous fur coats, stylish beanies, leather gloves, and knit scarves. You’ll look fashionably phenomenal in your Jack Frost accessories, but what about what’s underneath??? The snake-skin-like scales covering your gams not only feel terrible, they’re not exactly what you want peeking through those fishnets. And how awesome would that strapless dress you purchased to wear to the annual New Years eve bash look if you still had your ‘just-off-the-cruise-ship’ tan???
Thanks to the boundless and innovative world of beauty products, there are a multitude of solutions to these problems:-)!
Listed below are a few fail-safe options to winter skin:
1. Amazing Grace Perfumed Body Butter by Philosophy: The scent of this ultra moisturizing lotion stays all day, and you never tire of it. The clean and feminine fragrance is very light, and far from the unyielding pungent stuff your great-aunt Erlene puts on. The thick body butter is tough enough for those stubborn dry patches, and moisture-lacking knees and elbows. This is Philosophy’s bestselling aroma and a Sephora favorite.
Cost: $28 for 5 oz. tube Where: sephora.com
2. Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer (for all skin types): Forget spending hundreds of dollars on specialized facial moisturizers. Cetaphil is dermatologist recommended, for all skin types, and under $10 at your local drugstore or Target. It also has an SPF 15. If you want the extra sun protection, it’s available in SPF 50 to boot.
*Purpose Moisturizer is a similar moisturizer for all skin types. This Allure Best of Beauty product was recommended to me personally by my dermatologist. I have friends who have attested to the amazing difference they have seen in their skin since using it. It can also be found at your local drug store or online at purposeskincare.com for under $10.
Cost: $9.67 for 4 oz. tube Where: drugstore.com
So that’s the moisture on lock-down… now we need to add a little color to our pale cold-weather shell:
3.Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning Spray: If you’re looking for the just-right winter glow, then this is what you need. It goes on even, is easy to use, dries in 5 minutes, is NOT greasy, and looks natural! Plus it’s inexpensive and can be found at Target and most drug stores. Be careful when choosing the right shade… when in doubt, go with the lighter color… it is November after all.
Cost: $10.99 Where: drugstore.com
4. Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube: If you don’t like to bother with the sometimes hard to use self tanners… use this instead. It’s an instant bronzing lotion with shimmer that not only gives you an immediate bronze glow, it also helps camouflage flaws! You don’t have to worry about streaking, the scent is nice, and the instant color washes right off in the shower. Also considered a gradual self-tanner that works when used consistently over time.
5. Hoola by Benefit: Part of Benefits infamous ‘Box-O-Powders’ collection, this matte bronzer is THE sun-kissed product for your face. I have used this bronzer for years (tried plenty others in between) and nothing beats it. It’s a Sephora favorite, on multiple best of beauty lists, and loved by every person I have recommended it to. Surprisingly, it matches my skin-tone throughout the year… it’s pure bronze magic.
*Try Benefit’s Dallas blush (also part of the Box-O-Powders) for a coordinating rosy-bronze cheek color.
Cost: $28 Where: sephora.com
We’ve tackled the parched skin and pale complexion issues… now there’s one more common problem that comes along with chilly weather… chapped lips … try this:
6. Korres Lip Butter: The title says it all… this lip soother goes on and feels smooth as butter. It’s conditioning heaven for your smoochers. Available in clear or 6 other lightly tinted shades with yummy flavors like guava, jasmine, mango, quince, plum, pomegranate, and wild rose. The shea-butter infused balm helps with healing.
Cost: $10 each or get the Lip Saver Roll (3 total) for $19.95
You now know your skin will be glowing with confidence, so why not slip into that leg or shoulder baring frock????