There are other things to do on the internet besides facebook… I promise
I’m not knocking the ridiculously popular social network… it is, and will be for awhile, the #1 way to pass away time online (check out our new arrivals while you’re there ).
Speaking of Social Network… if you have not had the opportunity to view this movie…make one and go… tonight. It is well worth the ticket price, the guy who plays Eduardo Saverin is super cute, and Justin Timberlake is surprisingly good.
Back to my original point… Below I have listed 5 other ways (aside from the obvious: #1 reading this blog… which you are already doing & #2 SHOPPING) to entertain your style loving self with the WWW.
1. Polyvore.com: This is the web’s largest fashion community. Its main charm is its creative outlet. You can create looks by putting together items (including Frock Candy pieces) that show off your personal style, enter contests, ask and give style advice… the features are endless. It’s well worth exploring. Don’t forget to check out our Polyvore profile while you’re there. Show us some love by creating a Frock Candy set and posting it on our facebook page!
Here’s a peek at a recently created set on Polyvore!
Warning: 2-3 hours of time will pass by without notice, so make sure there’s a timepiece nearby .
2. Instant Stylist on Instyle.com: This favored fashion publication has created an enjoyable way to test your glamour-girl IQ. Instant Stylist is a graphically adorable quiz that allows you to choose the best piece to complete the look like a pro. It also explains why each piece is fitting, adding precision to your already style-focused eye.
3. The-coveted.com: The author of this website, in my opinion, is one of the most au-courant independent bloggers in cyber-space. Not only do I enjoy writing blogs, I am a huge fan of reading them. I without a doubt recommend skimming through it as soon as you’re done with this one…. you’ll see what I mean . She recently blogged about a product from Benefit Cosmetics and won me over. I have been raving about Benefit to my friends for years and its nice to know someone agrees .
4. Beauty Talk on Sephora.com: New to Sephora, this is the perfect place to ask those pesky beauty questions. It’s also the place to pass on your beauty how-to’s. There are tutorials on how to get the perfect smokey eye, day to night make-up, how to find the right lip shade, and more! Kat Von D recently listed her top 10 favorite products on the site!
5. Stylemepretty.com: This site is a little more genre specific… brides, to be exact. I recently dove (happily) into the sanctity of marriage, and along with that came planning my wedding. I didn’t realize how HUGE this market was until I became part of it. I sometimes believe that 50% of the world wide web is dedicated to it. It was hard to find a starting point with the millions of options out there. I quickly noticed that Style Me Pretty was by far the most inspirational, organized, and informational site available. If you are a bride-to-be, thank you for allowing me to pass on my has-been knowledge to you. If you are not, check it out anyway. I’ve found that I go back often for party planning ideas .
Now get to wasting time