For me, fall means one thing: pumpkin everything! Even though the weather is still warm here, I’m already thinking about cozy scarves and pumpkin spice lattes. We have been picking out our favorite fall recipes on Pinterest this week, and I just couldn’t take it anymore, so I decided to whip up some quick pumpkin muffins. I love this recipe because it couldn’t be any easier – three ingredients, four steps, and you’re done! Not to mention, it could be easily adapted to whatever you’re craving. Sometimes I’ll top them off with some cream cheese frosting, and other times I’ll mix in nuts and dried fruit for a yummy breakfast option. Such a good recipe to keep in your arsenal! Here’s what you’ll need:
- One box of cake mix (spice cake or yellow cake)
- One can of pumpkin (real pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix!)
- One small container of greek yogurt, plain or vanilla flavored
Can it really be that easy? Yup, that’s it! Now just four steps and you’re done…
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare your muffin tin by either adding cupcake liners or greasing your pan. Add all of your ingredients into your mixing bowl. If you want to add any mix-ins like nuts, chocolate chips, or fruit, now’s the time!
- Mix ingredients with a hand mixer until well blended.
- Pour ingredients into muffin tin, about 2/3 full so they don’t overflow (although they won’t grow as much as traditional muffins).
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If you’re going to frost them, let them cool completely first. Enjoy!
Wasn’t that so easy??We bet you’ll be making pumpkin muffins non-stop now! And you know what’s the best part? You can totally lick the spoon…
What’s your favorite pumpkin recipe for the fall? Let us know in the comments below and follow our Pinterest board for more delicious recipe ideas!