As we mentioned in our last post, now that the Fourth of July holiday is over, we are itching for a beach getaway! This got us talking about how to pack the perfect beach bag. It means finding that perfect balance of packing everything you need for a day in the sun without breaking your back. While some people throw in just the necessities, others seem to feel the need to pack everything they can fit to make sure they get the optimum amount of sun time! There’s really no right or wrong way, but we did manage to pare it down to a few of our favorite essentials…
- A small clutch is our favorite beach bag trick – packing your cell phone, ID, cash and credit card in a small wallet or clutch keeps them out of the sun and sand, and ready to go at a moment’s notice!
- A few magazines are always a good idea for a relaxing day in the sand. Two of our go-to favorites for a good read are Lucky and Glamour.
- Light snacks keep your hunger at bay between meals, and keep you from having to make that grueling trek back to the room!
- A light open-weave sweater and denim cut-off shorts make the perfect beach cover up. They can easily be tucked in your beach bag, and they look put-together enough to wear in to town.
- Nail polish. OK, so this isn’t a necessity… but it’s a fun way to pass the time when you’re lounging for hours! Pick a sunny color or a pretty pastel to match your surroundings.
- A good lip gloss with SPF keeps your lips silky smooth and protected in the summer sun.
- Mints are another good beach trick for the pros. Not only do they keep your breath fresh, but they also give the perfect little cooling effect after hours in the heat.
- We always keep a small digital camera at hand to capture the fun, but make sure you have it in a weather-proof case so it makes it to the next memorable event!
- Super-chic cat-eye sunglasses look great and keep the sun out of your eyes – a must have for sure!
- It’s always a good idea to pack a few small beauty essentials – you never know who you’ll want to impress! We packed some Boscia blotting tissues, waterproof mascara, and a light perfume rollerball to freshen up!
- A good pair of strappy leather sandals look cute all summer long and are easy to slip off when you’re ready for a dip.
- Sunscreen goes without saying – protect your pretty self with a good SPF!
- A woven fedora keeps the sun out of your eyes and looks adorable! This lace-trimmed one is just too cute.
Now it’s your turn – tell us what’s in your beach bag! From now until Monday, July 16th, send us a photo of what’s in your beach bag via Twitter or Instagram and be entered to win a $50 Frock Candy Gift Card and a beach bag full of our favorite goodies!
How do you enter? Make sure to follow these simple steps:
- Follow @frockcandy on Twitter.
- Send us a photo of the contents of your beach bag using Instagram (@frockcandy) or your favorite photo app on Twitter. Make sure to tag it with the hashtag #InMyBeachBag!
- Last, but certainly not least, leave us a comment on this post with the link to your photo. If it’s not in the comments, it won’t be entered into the drawing, so don’t forget this step!
A winner will be selected by random drawing and will be announced via Twitter on Friday, July 20!
Best of luck, and we can’t wait to see what’s in your beach bag!