Meet up and coming style blogger, Julia, of Gal Meets Glam! She’s a student, dancer, fiancé, blogger, and Emma Watson look-a-like! Check out our interview with the oh-so-stylish Cali girl and find out how she juggles her many roles in life, why she started her blog, what she feels most beautiful in, and so much more!
- What was the inspiration behind starting your blog, Gal Meets Glam?
Well, it’s funny because before I started my blog I had never looked at a blog before. I was constantly online shopping and finding the greatest deals and shops online and wanted to create a place where I could share all of my favorite “finds”. I looked into creating a website and that’s how I discovered blogging! From there, I realized that I wanted to share my personal style and beauty tips and that’s how my blog became how it is today.
2. Describe your style in three words or less if possible.
Feminine, colorful, classic
3. How do you juggle your roles as student, dancer, fiancé, and blogger?
Keeping very organized! I guess I am one of those people that love to constantly be doing things. Sometimes I get a little overwhelmed, but then I remind myself how blessed I am to have the opportunity to do all of these things. School of course comes first, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can’t wait to graduate, but I know once it’s over I’ll miss it. So I am just trying to enjoy everything I have right now.
4. Are there any blogs you follow? Do you have a favorite?
Oh yes! I absolutely love looking at other blogs. Of course I follow a handful of girls daily, but my favorite sources for inspiration are street style blogs like Street Peeper, The Sartorialist, Jak and Jil, and Stockholm Street Style.
5. Do trends have an impact on how you dress? If not, who or what inspires your style?
I would be lying if I say that I don’t like trends. There are many trends that I incorporate into my style, but there are also many that I would never try! It’s fun to try new trends and mix them with your flare to create a new look that is more “you”. Many things inspire my style including color, other bloggers, amazing designers, patterns and street style.
6. Finish this phrase. I feel most beautiful in _______.
A feminine dress
7. If you could only keep one pair of shoes in your closet till the end of summer, what would it be?
I just bought a pair of black Proenza Schouler sandals that I know will be worn countless times this summer.
8. What’s the one beauty item you can’t live without?
Mascara! I am obsessed with mascara. I use CoverGirl lash perfection and I swear it’s the best one on the market.
9. Finish this phrase. You can’t go wrong wearing _______.
A beautiful blouse and jeans!
10. If there were a movie being made about your life, which actress would play you?
Emma Watson. I get told constantly that she is my twin.
P.S. – Julia is in the running for Refinery 29′s Next Big Style Blogger. Show her some love by voting here. She’s definitely got our vote!
Shop Julia’s Frock Candy Picks Here!