My thinker (brain) suggested that I should share my favorite iPhone apps with the avant-garde masses (you) today. Most of them are top in app purchases, giving me the confidence to recommend them to you
1. Hipstomatic: This camera app gives an analog look to the overly digitalized world of photography. The effect is vintage-like 1970′s photos. I love how fresh something so aged can be. Vintage has been prevailing over the fashion world so much lately, it was just a matter of time before it made its way to photography. Hipstomatic received 4 stars… which is pretty accurate. It didn’t receive 5 stars because of these reasons: You can’t edit photos from your photo library with the app, the viewfinder is small, the developing time is a little slow (but that’s part of its charm right?). However, the app is so impressive that you can easily overlook its flaws… and be on the look-out for an update to fix its defects. Cost: $1.99 and it comes with three different lenses (an additional $0.99 each for the extra lenses).
Take a look below at some photos from our most recent photo shoot that I took with the app (using the different lenses):
2. Shake It: This app is similar to the one above, except there is only one type of photo: an old school Polaroid. The best part… you can use your regular camera to snap a pic and then edit with the app… plus you get to ‘shake it like a Polaroid picture!’ (for your listening pleasure, scroll to the end of this post to hear Outkast ‘tell ya what to do’ just be sure and click Pop-out-Player). Cost: $0.99
Check out the photo I took using Shake It:
3. Style.com: The most up-t0-the-minute fashion app out there! There’s runway video coverage from New York, Paris, Milan, and London, photos from the red carpet, and more. How could any true-to-the-bone fashionista not love to have Marc Jacob’s at her fingertips??? Cost: FREE!
4. Pandora: I have 415 songs on my iPhone and I’m sick of all of them. Thank Zeus for Pandora Radio… the perfect solution. I love how it reads my musical taste and gets it right every time! I created ‘The Killers’ (my favorite band FYI) station the other day and I get The Strokes, The White Stripes, The Beatles, etc… how did IT know??! It also consistently uncovers new songs to my liking. Cost: FREE!
5. Awesome Note: Like little post-its for your phone. This is a great organization app, and possibly the one I have gotten the most use out of. There are different sections (adorably color coded with cute icons) like shopping lists, to-do lists, work, study, Christmas, etc. Almost everything is customizable including folder colors, post-it backgrounds, fonts, and so much more. Featured by Apple as an App Store Essential. Cost: $3.99 (but you can download the Lite version for FREE)
What are your favorite apps? Sound off by commenting below!